I did not praise Councillor Jolley
With regards to your paper’s article over the debacle of the rebranding of Fenland’s Leisure Centres.
Your journalist wrongly reported that I had praised Councillor Pop Jolley for accepting for responsibility for the ensuing shambles.
This could not be further from the truth.
What I actually said was that given the fact that he had accepted full responsibility for the mess and all the distress caused, would he be now doing the right thing and be resigning from his post.
I was calling for his resignation, not bestowing praise upon him!
You may also want to watch:
This was supposed to be one of FDC’s flagship policies and one of Cllr Jolley’s ‘big ideas’.
His handling of the launch was amateurish, bungling, mismanaged and has cost our taxpayers a lot of money, not to mention the hurt he has caused to the families concerned and the damage that has been inflicted on the reputation of the council.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Heads should roll for this and if Cllr Jolley is accepting full responsibility, a simple sorry is not enough.
CLLR MARK ARCHER