‘I have nothing now’ - Chatteris man, 19, says he has lost his ‘pride and joy’ after finding his Yamaha motorcycle burnt out following theft
- Credit: Archant
Three motorbikes have been stolen and then burnt out in the last week in Chatteris - Daniel Peacock is one of those affected by the incidents.
The 19-year-old found his £600 Yamaha motorcycle burnt out on Monday after it was stolen on Saturday morning.
“It was my pride and joy,” he said.
“I had it nearly a year and it wasn’t cheap to buy either.
“For someone who is unemployed, this was my only way of transport. I brought it with my savings.”
Mr Peacock’s bike was stolen from a car park nearby his home but said “it could not be seen by just walking up and down the road.
“They must have known it was there, or they were looking about for something to steal.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Missing woman back home
- 8 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
“I have nothing now. It has really messed up my life.”
Police enquiries are still being carried out regarding these thefts.
Anyone with information should call 101 or email email@example.com