‘I have nothing now’ - Chatteris man, 19, says he has lost his ‘pride and joy’ after finding his Yamaha motorcycle burnt out following theft
- Credit: Archant
Three motorbikes have been stolen and then burnt out in the last week in Chatteris - Daniel Peacock is one of those affected by the incidents.
The 19-year-old found his £600 Yamaha motorcycle burnt out on Monday after it was stolen on Saturday morning.
“It was my pride and joy,” he said.
“I had it nearly a year and it wasn’t cheap to buy either.
“For someone who is unemployed, this was my only way of transport. I brought it with my savings.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Peacock’s bike was stolen from a car park nearby his home but said “it could not be seen by just walking up and down the road.
“They must have known it was there, or they were looking about for something to steal.
- 1 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 School ‘overwhelmed’ by response to harvest collection
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
“I have nothing now. It has really messed up my life.”
Police enquiries are still being carried out regarding these thefts.
Anyone with information should call 101 or email email@example.com