I hope we won’t be expected to contribute to ‘our Ferry Meadows’
Your report of the Sainsbury’s planning meeting and with regards to the statement by Dee Laws that “this could be our Ferry Meadows”.
Can I point out a few facts about Nene Trust/Ferry Meadows, in Peterborough.
Nene Trust is a registered charity with a 999-year lease on the park. It receives no outside funding and supports itself from commercial properties and other assets which generate its income, all of this at no cost to the taxpayer.
If you check the figures for the year ending January 31, 2015, you will find the statement that Ferry Meadows is spending more year on year than it is earning.
There was a deficit of £388,000 last year but this was an improvement on the previous year which lost £591,000.
You may also want to watch:
I do hope that if and when “our Ferry Meadows” is up and running the rate payers of Fenland will not be expected to contribute to Whittlesey Country Park?
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire