I’ll drink to that! Chris’ pint of Guinness takes March Camera Club honours
PHOTOGRAPHER Chris Ley’s glass seems half full after this piece of digital trickery earned him victory in March Camera Club’s latest competition.
The club secretary triumphed in the annual digital projected image contest with his quirky shot of a pint of Guiness entitled “Just the other half please”.
The image was good enough to win the large pictorial section and also the best of all 117 entries.
Judge Barbie Lindsay, from Ipswich, placed Mel Harris’ “Gray heron in flight” second, with Albert Horton’s “Common field grasshopper” third.
Mr Harris also took the first three awards of the night with successful pictures in the action, record and natural history sections.
You may also want to watch:
The final section – people and portraits – was won by Pat Ringham with a headshot of an international fencer entitled ‘Behind the mask’.
It was the club’s final competition of the season.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens