I’m concerned Fenland Hall had tea ladies - a forward-thinking council would have had vending machines years ago
WITH reference to your article last week concerning the tea ladies at Fenland Hall probably losing their jobs.
It is always sad to see people losing their jobs no matter what; it isn’t funny and the silly stories certain people told about the Great British tradition of drinking tea at Fenland Hall were uncalled for.
I am concerned there shouldn’t have been tea ladies anyway. At a supposedly enlightened and forward-thinking council, tea vending machines should have been installed years ago.
I’m sure the hard working staff at Fenland Hall won’t miss out on their tea, coffee and biscuits, the Tory Councillors of the Tory-led government will obey “we are all in this together” Cameron and implement the Big Society by volunteering to brew up.
ROBERT W HARVEY
You may also want to watch:
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'