I’m concerned Fenland Hall had tea ladies - a forward-thinking council would have had vending machines years ago
WITH reference to your article last week concerning the tea ladies at Fenland Hall probably losing their jobs.
It is always sad to see people losing their jobs no matter what; it isn’t funny and the silly stories certain people told about the Great British tradition of drinking tea at Fenland Hall were uncalled for.
I am concerned there shouldn’t have been tea ladies anyway. At a supposedly enlightened and forward-thinking council, tea vending machines should have been installed years ago.
I’m sure the hard working staff at Fenland Hall won’t miss out on their tea, coffee and biscuits, the Tory Councillors of the Tory-led government will obey “we are all in this together” Cameron and implement the Big Society by volunteering to brew up.
ROBERT W HARVEY
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works