I’m left angry with changes to blue badge application system - my word is not being taken as honest
I wonder if you were aware of the upset and trauma the changes in the blue badge application has been causing?
They have come about because of ‘abuse’ in the system. While I think the initial application process could be tightened up, those who already have a badge shouldn’t have to go through the same procedure.
When I asked the local blue badge official why I was being assessed I was told that applicants were chosen ‘at random’ to be assessed by an ‘independent assessor’.
Let’s just hope it’s not a repeat of the recent farrago where disabled people were ‘assessed’ by Atos and declared fit and many of them were dead within the year!
I am really annoyed that my word is not being taken as honest, especially as it was never doubted when I served in HMF for 12 years, nor in my last job of 16 years when I ran a therapy centre for Alzheimer’s patients.
You may also want to watch:
I find it insulting, and I know of many other applicants who are getting ill because they are so worried about it.
It’s not even as though the blue badge costs the Government millions – we pay for it.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
It’s just another example of this government trying to rule every aspect of our lives and NOT trusting the professionals (doctors, teachers, nurses etc.) to get on and do the job.