I’m researching WW2 crashes in Holland, anyone know this Wisbech pilot?
MY name is Michel Beckers and I live in Montford, a small village in the south of Holland. I’m doing research after air crashes in and around my village in the Second World War.
At the moment I am researching a Lancaster bomber ED-363 that crashed on June 29 1943 at Roermond, Holland.
One crew member came down with his shut and landed in a back yard at St-Odilienberg and became Prisoner Of War.
This member was Sgt Bernard Dolby. He was born in March 1921 at Wisbech and died in June 2000 at Peterborough.
I’m looking for relative of Sgt Dolby, and I hope you can help with it.
You may also want to watch:
WWII Crashsite Research
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 9 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action