I’m researching WW2 crashes in Holland, anyone know this Wisbech pilot?
MY name is Michel Beckers and I live in Montford, a small village in the south of Holland. I’m doing research after air crashes in and around my village in the Second World War.
At the moment I am researching a Lancaster bomber ED-363 that crashed on June 29 1943 at Roermond, Holland.
One crew member came down with his shut and landed in a back yard at St-Odilienberg and became Prisoner Of War.
This member was Sgt Bernard Dolby. He was born in March 1921 at Wisbech and died in June 2000 at Peterborough.
I’m looking for relative of Sgt Dolby, and I hope you can help with it.
WWII Crashsite Research
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward