‘I might speak to Usain Bolt!’ - March student volunteers at London 2012 Olympics
MILLIONS have been glued to their television screens for London 2012 this week - but one volunteer from March has got the perfect view.
Shereen Hutton is working for LOCOG as a “flash quote reporter” inside the Olympic Stadium. The 21-year-old’s Games Maker job involves interviewing athletes and taking quotes back to the Olympic Press Centre.
“I’m so excited about it,” she said. “All I’ve done is watch the Olympics this week!
“My job is to get quotes from a mix of athletes from the track and field events.
“I’ve been given a shift pattern and one of the events I’ve got is the 200m. That means I might even get to speak to Usain Bolt afterwards!”
You may also want to watch:
Shereen, who studies sports development and coaching at Sheffield Hallam University, got the Olympic role through one of her lecturers.
She completed her final day of training at the Olympic Park yesterday and will work her first shift on Friday.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
She said: “I had a piece of my work published yesterday with flash quotes I wrote up from Tyson Gay (American sprinter) in a press conference. That was exciting!”