I received Christmas card from Ed Miliband for joining Labour in 2010 - but Fenland group refused application.
THIS Christmas, I was surprised to receive in the mail a Christmas card from Ed Miliband, leader of the Labour Party.
Ed wanted to thank me for joining the Labour Party during 2010. However, I had to return the card to Ed, with a message written by me on the back of his envelope which said:
“Unsolicited! - I am no longer a member of the Labour Party. Fenland Labour Party, in their wisdom, refused my application to join the Party. Please remove me from your database!”
Whilst it is unlikely that I will receive another Christmas card from Ed, I do wish him luck in his job as leader of Her Majesty’s loyal opposition in the House of Commons.
However, as a socialist, I will work shoulder to shoulder with Fenland Labour Party members during the May 2011 elections to Fenland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
By doing so I hope that, in a small way, I will be able to help Fenland Labour Party oppose all the proposed cuts at Fenland Hall by the current Conservative administration.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like