I received Christmas card from Ed Miliband for joining Labour in 2010 - but Fenland group refused application.
THIS Christmas, I was surprised to receive in the mail a Christmas card from Ed Miliband, leader of the Labour Party.
Ed wanted to thank me for joining the Labour Party during 2010. However, I had to return the card to Ed, with a message written by me on the back of his envelope which said:
“Unsolicited! - I am no longer a member of the Labour Party. Fenland Labour Party, in their wisdom, refused my application to join the Party. Please remove me from your database!”
Whilst it is unlikely that I will receive another Christmas card from Ed, I do wish him luck in his job as leader of Her Majesty’s loyal opposition in the House of Commons.
However, as a socialist, I will work shoulder to shoulder with Fenland Labour Party members during the May 2011 elections to Fenland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
By doing so I hope that, in a small way, I will be able to help Fenland Labour Party oppose all the proposed cuts at Fenland Hall by the current Conservative administration.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 9 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain