I see a little silhouetto of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango? A 100 year old March woman is treated to a Freddie Mercury birthday surprise
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky centenarian was treated to a double dose of Queen when she got her 100th birthday card from Her Royal Highness - and received a surprise visit from radio DJ Johnny Dee dressed as Freddie Mercury.
Hilda Boyce, who four years ago hit national headlines when she puckered up to sell kisses for 50p to raise money for her social club, celebrated in style when Johnny arrived at her bungalow glammed to the max to sing Bohemian Rhapsody - with altered lyrics written especially for the occasion.
Live on the Dotty McCleod breakfast show on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Mrs Boyce was delighted with her birthday bonanza.
She said: “I feel 60, I don’t feel 100” and confessed her secret to staying young was a drop of sherry every night.
Johnny, dressed in tight lycra leggings, pink platform shoes, a leather jacket and cap and the trademark Freddie moustache sang her favourite Queen song and said as he went into her Morton Avenue home: “It’s not a pretty sight but I’m going in to surprise her.”
You may also want to watch:
Her day was joined by her sons Fred and Ted and other family members.
Mrs Boyce hit the national newspapers in 2011 when she raised money for the Morton Avenue Social Club.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
The grandmother ran a kissing booth at the club’s summer fete.
She said at the time: “I’m too old to stand behind a stall all day so I said as a joke ‘I’ll hold a kissing booth’ and they’ve only gone and took me up on it!
“I’m finding it all very funny especially as they’re giving me a crown and will tell people that they can pay 50p to kiss the Queen.”