I support students’ university fees protests - but I think worse is to come
I COULD easily fill a page listing the cuts the coalition has made in the last few months which affect a lot of people, including those in Fenland.
The Education cutbacks include funding for sport on state schools and Education Maintenance Allowance. University fees have increased probably beyond the reach of the average student and millions of pounds are being wiped off funding for re-furbishing schools.
I personally support the protests the students are participating in, but I do not agree with violence or criminal damage and I do not agree with civil disobedience.
Those protests will seem like a vicar’s tea party when the unions start their action next year.
ROBERT W HARVEY
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 7 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river