Ice and easy does it for cup cake competitor Nicole
- Credit: Archant
Turves amateur baker Nicole Chapman has cooked up a stunning cake for a national competition.
The 22-year-old university graduate, who has a degree in forensic science and anthropology, swapped her lab coat for an apron to bake an autumn-themed cup cake for magazine competition.
Her cup cake creation of a hedgehog sitting on a mushroom surrounded by autumnal leaves wowed judges at the final held at Earls Court in London as park of the National Cake and Bake Show.
Miss Chapman’s cake saw her through to the competition’s final 10.
she said: “It was really exciting, I love watching all the cookery and baking programmes especially the Great British Bake Off. I have been making and decorating cakes for friends and family for about three years and have taught myself by watching programmes and trying to copy what I’ve seen.”
You may also want to watch:
The part-time waitress, who is still looking for a job suitable for her degree, said her younger brother, Liam (19), who tastes all her cakes will have the honour of eating her autumn cup cake.
“He’s a big fan of my cakes, so i’ll let him eat,” she added, stating she would quite like to turn her hobby into a small business.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November