'ID cards won't work' - MP claims
IDENTITY cards are a bad idea, says MP Malcolm Moss, who this week added his voice to the growing number of MPs opposed to their introduction. They will do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens, said Mr Moss, the MP for NE Cambs. They are not t
IDENTITY cards are a bad idea, says MP Malcolm Moss, who this week added his voice to the growing number of MPs opposed to their introduction.
"They will do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens," said Mr Moss, the MP for NE Cambs.
"They are not the answer to the threat of terrorism, to benefit fraud, illegal immigration, human trafficking or to identity theft. They are a waste of money, and a Conservative Government will abolish them"
Mr Moss added: "Instead of these intrusive, expensive and ineffective ID Cards, the money should be spent on more worthwhile projects to cut crime - such as a dedicated UK Border Police, more prison spaces and increasing the number of residential drug rehabilitation places.
"ID Cards won't work; will waste money and will treat you like a criminal
State plans to fingerprint every citizen in Cambridgeshire - and charge you for the privilege."
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
Mr Moss said he wholeheartedly supported Party Leader David Cameron who has pledged to scrap the controversial scheme which he says will cost £20 billion to introduce.