'ID cards won't work' - MP claims
IDENTITY cards are a bad idea, says MP Malcolm Moss, who this week added his voice to the growing number of MPs opposed to their introduction. They will do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens, said Mr Moss, the MP for NE Cambs. They are not t
IDENTITY cards are a bad idea, says MP Malcolm Moss, who this week added his voice to the growing number of MPs opposed to their introduction.
"They will do nothing to improve the safety of our citizens," said Mr Moss, the MP for NE Cambs.
"They are not the answer to the threat of terrorism, to benefit fraud, illegal immigration, human trafficking or to identity theft. They are a waste of money, and a Conservative Government will abolish them"
Mr Moss added: "Instead of these intrusive, expensive and ineffective ID Cards, the money should be spent on more worthwhile projects to cut crime - such as a dedicated UK Border Police, more prison spaces and increasing the number of residential drug rehabilitation places.
You may also want to watch:
"ID Cards won't work; will waste money and will treat you like a criminal
State plans to fingerprint every citizen in Cambridgeshire - and charge you for the privilege."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Mr Moss said he wholeheartedly supported Party Leader David Cameron who has pledged to scrap the controversial scheme which he says will cost £20 billion to introduce.