If it is not broken, why spend money moving Upwell post office?
My views on the proposed move of Upwell post office:
• Security risks – the possibility of a post office counter with a high amount of cash.
• Open plan counter for the Post Office by the door will leave elderly people very vulnerable.
• Parking – there is no safe parking, the river on one side and business premises further down.
• Access through the shop floor is not wide enough for wheelchairs or buggies.
You may also want to watch:
At the current site, security is good (staff are behind a screen), access is good all around the shop and parking is good on both sides of Town Street.
If anyone wants to use a post office late at night – Outwell is open and not busy.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
As Elizabeth Truss stated – if it is not broken why spend money? If the staff are happy with the present situation what is the problem?