If you know some chords and keen to improve, Whittlesey is hosting a regular series for those that play the ukulele
- Credit: Archant
Famous celebrities who are reckoned to have played the ukulele include Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe but even they would have argued it’s not mainstream.
But for those who do enjoy playing the instrument, a small group of enthusiasts in Whittlesey is busily strumming along on a regular basis – and looking for new members to join them.
Chris Urlwin is looking for any others to join his small band of strummers on the first and third Tuesday of the month. The group meets at the Ram, Delph, Whittlesey, from 7pm to 9pm.
“We call them ‘strum for fun’ sessions”, says Chris who says you don’t need to be a top class player to join.
“If you have a ukulele and, hopefully, know a few chords why not join us to exercise your vocal chords, stimulate the grey matter and keep your fingers nimble,” he says.
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe you attended last year’s workshops at Whittlesey library, have had your uke for a while and haven’t been able to progress on your own. Or maybe you just want to enjoy a new musical experience. Whatever it’s a shame to own a ukulele and not let it be heard”.
Call Chris on 07960 316724 for more details.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze