If you’re heading into Norfolk from Wisbech and the Fens be prepared for delays as bridge works fall behind schedule
- Credit: IAN BURT
Drivers heading from Wisbech and the Fens into Norfolk face delays well into August as work on three bridges on the A47 near Kings Lynn fall behind schedule.
Ranjit Mistry of the Highways Agency said: “Vital bridge maintenance work on the bridges will continue into early August due to unavoidable delays.”
The maintenance work, involving re waterproofing and resurfacing the River Great Ouse Bridge, the River Nar Bridge and the Harbour Junction Bridge, is now scheduled for completion in the morning of Tuesday August 12.
The agency official added: “The delays are due to additional repairs needing to be carried out to the bridges and rain when waterproofing work was scheduled to take place.
“We have reprogrammed the remaining maintenance work and, subject to favourable weather conditions, we plan to finish on August 12.”
You may also want to watch:
The current contraflow system and 30mph limit on the A47 will remain in place between Pullover Roundabout and Hardwick Roundabout until August 8.
The maintenance work was originally planned to be complete on July 29.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Road users are advised to plan their journeys in advance and leave extra time if necessary.