If you’re passing through Wisbech St Mary then pick up a free happy stone - with thanks to Grace
- Credit: Archant
Happy stones are spreading smiles in Wisbech St Mary where a six year old girl has set up a road side stall for people to take one for free to brighten up their day.
Little Grace Jolly decided she wanted to cheer people up so she gathered stones from her garden and spent a day painting them with bright colours and patterns.
She then varnished them and set up a stall outside her home in High Road.
Her mum Lizzie Jolly said: “She is such a sweet and kind-hearted girl. It was all her idea and when I said we could sell them if you like on a stall, she was very clear they had to be free, to brighten people’s days for anybody who needed their day brightening.”
Grace has a younger sister Darcy, four, who is autistic.
You may also want to watch:
Lizzie said it was typical for Grace to think of others as she always put her sister’s needs before her own.
“She always checks Darcy is OK before thinking of herself
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
“It makes Grace happy knowing she is doing things for others. It makes me incredibly proud.”
Last year at the age of five Grace held a charity cake sale and her mum is sure the happy stone idea will not be the last time she makes an effort to do things for others.
“This is what makes her smile,” she said.