Illegal tent camp set up in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A group of people in tents have set up an illegal camp near the Hudson Sports Centre in Wisbech.
The encampment is on the former allotment plot between Harecroft Road and the Hudson Sports Centre/ Cricketers Way.
Residents say that users appeared to have gained access from a nearby track.
It comes less than a month since a group of travellers in caravans set up camp on the same patch, with an eviction order served by police.
A spokesperson for Fenland District Council said: “I can confirm that FDC is aware.
“Our outreach worker has attended with police colleagues to advise the individuals of the help and support that is available to them.
“We will continue to do this going forward to ensure they are aware of their options and to encourage them to access the accommodation and services that are available.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash