Illustrator Matty scoops Cambridgeshire’s ‘Read it Again!’ Children’s Picture Book Award at bash in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge illustrator Matty Long’s latest picture book was crowned the winner as Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech hosted the 11th ‘Read it Again!’ Cambridgeshire Children’s Book Awards.
Long’s ‘Super Happy Magic Forest’ book scooped first prize after being voted as the favourites of school pupils across the county on Wednesday June 15.
This year, over 12,000 children from over 70 Cambridgeshire Primary Schools took part in ‘Read it Again!’ by reading, discussing and then voting for their favourite picture book from a shortlist of eight titles.
Many schools created their own stories and artwork inspired by the books and pupils at one school even created a computer game.
Previous winners of ‘Read it Again!’ include Emily Gravett, Marta Altes, Tim Hopgood and Chris Haughton, all of whom have gone on to receive worldwide acclaim for their work.
You may also want to watch:
Six of the eight shortlisted authors appeared at Thomas Clarkson Academy along with last year’s winner, Simons Ciraolo, Deputy Mayor of Wisbech, Steve Tierney and over 200 school children from across the county.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder