Immediate action taken after traces of fatal disease found in Neale-Wade water supply
PUBLISHED: 13:58 06 May 2011 | UPDATED: 13:58 06 May 2011
A COLLEGE in March has taken swift action after it found traces of a fatal disease in its water supply.
A small amount of bacteria, which causes Legionnaires’ disease, was found in the water system of the Sports Hall at Neale-Wade Community College yesterday prompting the school to shut off its water supply for a few hours.
A spokesman for Neale-Wade Community College said: “Following a routine check, a minute trace of Legionella bacteria, well below the acceptable safety limits, was detected in the Sports Hall water system.
“Immediate action was taken and as a precautionary measure, the water in the buildings affected was not used until maintenance work had been completed and the water checked. This was completed within hours and the Sports Hall reopened.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.