Immigration debate: No to Eastern Bloc
WE could all see it about to happen, Poland, Estonia and the rest all about to join the EU. and we all sat back and waited for the Labour administration to, quite literally, open the flood gates.Recent published statistics reinforce that the influx of e
WE could all see it about to happen, Poland, Estonia and the rest all about to join the EU. and we all sat back and waited for the Labour administration to, quite literally, open the flood gates.
Recent published statistics reinforce that the influx of "economic migrants" has exceeded even the Government's wildest dreams and it is now virtually impossible in today's liberal society to remove these people from our shores, sadly backed up by Amnesty International and the Human Rights Act, both of which should be removed from civilised society.
I understand, and to a certain degree can empathise, with local businessmen as these migrants are an almost inexhaustible source of cheap labour. It is, however, a strange economic move when we have plenty of workshy idlers who would be capable of performing menial duties instead of sitting at home watching satellite television.
When will the Government realise that this country can only hold so many people, we have enough of our own and certainly need no help from former Eastern Bloc nations.
You may also want to watch:
NEIL HUNTER, 23 Burnham Road, Downham Market, Norfolk
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash