Councillor Mike Rouse gives talk at Oliver Cromwell’s House in Ely
- Credit: Archant
An insightful evening with historian and local councillor Mike Rouse was held at Oliver Cromwell’s House in Ely.
The “In Conversation With…” event saw Mr Rouse speak on a range of subjects, covering topics such as Oliver Cromwell and “Secret Ely”.
Mr Rouse brought with him a wealth of knowledge to add to his years of public service as a author, historian, photographer, councillor and former teacher.
The event, which took place last night (March 15), was £10 a ticket.
Mr Rouse posted on Facebook: “Thanks to everyone who came to Oliver Cromwell’s House this evening for An audience with. Thank you Matt and Oliver. “Cromwell’s House is a great asset to our city and our staff there who make it special.”
The historic attraction was the family home of Oliver Cromwell, restored to provide a vivid recreation of 17th century life. The house comprises eight period rooms, including the kitchen, study, and the famous haunted bedroom.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash