In swing to raise money for MAGPAS
A YOUNG man and the doctor who saved his life were re-united at a charity golf day that raised £800 for MAGPAS, the Mid Anglia General Practitioner Accident Service. The event, at Ramsey, was hosted by March and Chatteris Lions but organised by Adam Daly
A YOUNG man and the doctor who saved his life were re-united at a charity golf day that raised £800 for MAGPAS, the Mid Anglia General Practitioner Accident Service.
The event, at Ramsey, was hosted by March and Chatteris Lions but organised by Adam Daly.
Adam owes his life to a MAGPAS doctor for 13 years ago Adam, now a member of the Lions, was in collision with an ambulance on an emergency call. Adam suffered serious head injuries and was in a coma for several weeks, but he says if it had not been for the skill of the MAGPAS doctor that attended the accident, he would not be alive to tell the tale. His parents helped him organise the fund raising day.
Eleven teams of four took part on the golf the day and the eventual winners were the Tornadoes, a team entered by Dave "Boy" Green.
You may also want to watch:
During the presentation ceremony Adam was unexpectedly re-united with the doctor who had saved his life, Doctor Pam Kenny.
The prizes were presented by Dave "Boy" Green and Mr. John Edwards (Ramsey Golf Club Captain)
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
Derek Rutter, the Lions' spokesman said: "We would like to thank our sponsors on the day, namely, The Oliver Cromwell Hotel, Whiting and Partners, Collingwoods, Mark Pettit, Cunningham, Kester and John, and Whittlesey Trophies.