In the pink!
PEOPLE of all ages were put through their paces on Sunday as a community came together to raise funds for breast campaign research. Manor Leisure Centre, Whittlesey, was given over to a mass fund-raiser championed by fitness instructor Karen Mucklin. Prom
PEOPLE of all ages were put through their paces on Sunday as a community came together to raise funds for breast campaign research.
Manor Leisure Centre, Whittlesey, was given over to a mass fund-raiser championed by fitness instructor Karen Mucklin.
Prompted by a close family member now recovering from breast cancer, Karen organised a day-long event in support of a breast cancer charity.
Proceeds totalled £1,000 through sponsorships, a raffle and refreshments but once individual sponsorship results are in she expects this sum to double.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a tremendous day," she said after recovering from organising an event which saw 17 different activities take place throughout the day.
n Our pictures show, above, the buffet being brought in by, left to right, Vera Smith, Karen Loughlin, Tracy West-Robinson, Molly O'Brien and Matt Walker and visitors involved in activities during the day .
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Pictures: PETER UPTON