In Wisbech they’ve seen the future and for new cinema it’s definitely green as new cafe opens
- Credit: Archant
There is a new café bar venue open in Wisbech, The Green Room, housed in the Light Cinema development on Cromwell Road.
It was opened on Friday at an event attended by councillors, youth workers and police and fire officers.
Envisaged by designer Sarah de Freitas, the Green Room has a retro feel, with a hat tip to glory days of cinema.
The Green Room is also working with Wisbech brewery Elgood’s. Bar visitors can try both Golden Newt and Cambridge brews.
Manager Diego Pigliacampo, said: “I’m thrilled to bring my vision for what cinema should look and feel like to Wisbech in the form of the Green Room.” He conceded “popcorn and fizzy pop” have a time and place but he wanted to add something different.
Jamie Atherton, general manager at the Light Cinema, said: “We are also working with Fenland District Council on their initiatives to create a quality evening economy for Wisbech and are taking part in their Thumbs Up Scheme.”
Thumbs Up is a new accreditation scheme for licensed premises that was launched by the council last year. It aims to reward and recognise hard-working compliant premises.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 8 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home