Independent Candidates for May Elections
IN the bleak Fenland mid-winter there is nothing better guaranteed to give the reader of this local paper a good laugh than a letter from our favourite local clown - Reg Kemp.
Last week, in your pages, red-nosed-Reg proposed the virtues of lots of Independent Candidates standing in May’s FDC elections.
The problem is that one lone and maverick Independent at District won’t be able get anything done. And if by some miracle we were to end up with two or three Independents on District, for them to have any ‘clout’ and be able to effectively oppose the ruling Tory masses, they would have to form a group - and then by definition they’re no longer Independent. It’s an obvious contradiction in terms.
Rather than a rank of single issue candidates, Fenland needs a united opposition with Party organisation and resources to back it. And that’s what the Fenland Liberal Democrats already offer.
Reg ‘Hans Christian Anderson’ Kemp’s claim that the Lib Dems are a spent force is inaccurate.
You may also want to watch:
To quote Mark Twain - “reports of our death are greatly exaggerated!” Please don’t worry Reg, the Fenland Liberal Democrats will be providing robust opposition to those complacent sitting councillors across the District.
And we’d be delighted to hear from anyone who’d like to join our Lib Dem winning team.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
Fenland Liberal Democrats