Independents in March believe it’s time for change and call open meeting to attract more candidates
TWO March residents who are to contest seats at the Fenland District Council elections in May will hold an open meeting to promote their campaign.
Robert Skoulding, son of late Councillor Peter Skoulding MBE and owner of SnowMountain Enterprises, and Reg Kemp, former City of Ely Councillor, will host the meeting on Wednesday March 10 from 6.30pm at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
The pair have invited the public to join them and “exchange views in an informal atmosphere” as they are “seriously concerned about the direction and structure of local government in Fenland, and the impending massive cuts to services.”
The meeting also aims to attract prospective candidates from the Fenland region and will be the first step towards the elections on Thursday May 5.
Independent candidates, Skoulding and Kemp, will be fighting for the March West and March East Wards respectively, forming an alliance in their pursuit for victory.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the candidates and the meeting can be attained by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park