Independents in March believe it’s time for change and call open meeting to attract more candidates
TWO March residents who are to contest seats at the Fenland District Council elections in May will hold an open meeting to promote their campaign.
Robert Skoulding, son of late Councillor Peter Skoulding MBE and owner of SnowMountain Enterprises, and Reg Kemp, former City of Ely Councillor, will host the meeting on Wednesday March 10 from 6.30pm at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
The pair have invited the public to join them and “exchange views in an informal atmosphere” as they are “seriously concerned about the direction and structure of local government in Fenland, and the impending massive cuts to services.”
The meeting also aims to attract prospective candidates from the Fenland region and will be the first step towards the elections on Thursday May 5.
Independent candidates, Skoulding and Kemp, will be fighting for the March West and March East Wards respectively, forming an alliance in their pursuit for victory.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the candidates and the meeting can be attained by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s