Inmate groped female prison worker
AN inmate of March s Whitemoor Prison serving life for murder has appeared in court for groping a female worker. Thomas Wolens, who murdered a woman 20 years ago, squeezed the employee s bottom as she escorted him to a doctor s appointment. Cambridge Crow
AN inmate of March's Whitemoor Prison serving life for murder has appeared in court for groping a female worker.
Thomas Wolens, who murdered a woman 20 years ago, squeezed the employee's bottom as she escorted him to a doctor's appointment.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how the worker was left shaken by the incident which happened in April.
Wolens, 54, admitted a charge of indecent assault and was given a two-year prison sentence, concurrent. The sentence will only have an impact on when, or if, he is granted parole.
You may also want to watch:
Wolens, has been locked up for almost 20 years after murdering a middle-aged woman in Northumberland in 1987. He befriended her in a café and followed her to a public toilet to rob her. He also has past convictions for sex attacks on a teenage girl and a fellow prison inmate.
Judge Jonathan Haworth said the sentence made it clear that Wolens is still a danger to women.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government