Inquest opens into the death of Fenland councillor’s daughter
AN inquest has been opened into the death of Lisa Owen, the 42-year-old daughter of Fenland councillor, Kit Owen.
A cause of death was not given at the opening on Tuesday and her family are waiting for the results of further tests.
Lisa died at her home in Wisbech St Mary on January 3 after complaining of feeling ill. Her nine-year-old son Oliver and a friend first raised the alarm.
Her father was in America staying with his son, Jonathan, when he was told the devastating news. Lisa’s mother, Beverly, died two and a half years ago after collapsing while shopping.
Former naval nurse Lisa was a Petty Officer with the Queen Alexandra Royal Naval Nursing Association. She served for 18 years before being medically discharged with back problem in 2006.
Tributes to Lisa have included one from the Rev Matthew Bradbury, vicar of Wisbech St Mary, Guyhirn and Rings End. He said: “Lisa suffered with chronic ill health because of a serious back injury sustained during her military service as a nurse in the Royal Navy.
“Every day she faced pain and restricted mobility with fortitude and good humour. She was a fine example to us all of courage and resilience and adversity.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
The Rev Bradbury said Lisa was a “valued and much loved” member of the congregation at St Mary’s Church.
A funeral service will be held on Friday (January 21) at St Peter’s Church, March, at 1.45pm followed by cremation at Fenland Crematorium.