Inquest opens into the death of Fenland councillor’s daughter
AN inquest has been opened into the death of Lisa Owen, the 42-year-old daughter of Fenland councillor, Kit Owen.
A cause of death was not given at the opening on Tuesday and her family are waiting for the results of further tests.
Lisa died at her home in Wisbech St Mary on January 3 after complaining of feeling ill. Her nine-year-old son Oliver and a friend first raised the alarm.
Her father was in America staying with his son, Jonathan, when he was told the devastating news. Lisa’s mother, Beverly, died two and a half years ago after collapsing while shopping.
Former naval nurse Lisa was a Petty Officer with the Queen Alexandra Royal Naval Nursing Association. She served for 18 years before being medically discharged with back problem in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes to Lisa have included one from the Rev Matthew Bradbury, vicar of Wisbech St Mary, Guyhirn and Rings End. He said: “Lisa suffered with chronic ill health because of a serious back injury sustained during her military service as a nurse in the Royal Navy.
“Every day she faced pain and restricted mobility with fortitude and good humour. She was a fine example to us all of courage and resilience and adversity.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
The Rev Bradbury said Lisa was a “valued and much loved” member of the congregation at St Mary’s Church.
A funeral service will be held on Friday (January 21) at St Peter’s Church, March, at 1.45pm followed by cremation at Fenland Crematorium.