Upload an Instagram post in Peterborough and you could win £1,000 – it’s that simple!
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Did you know that one of your Instagram posts could earn you a quick £1,000?
National Rail is on the hunt to find the nation’s most ‘Instagrammable’ locations to help advertise the 16-24 railcard.
It comes after a survey revealed that 29 per cent of young people chose their travel destinations based on how good they will look on their social media feeds.
People in Peterborough could win £1,000 just by uploading a photo of their favourite spot to the social media platform using #instarail and tagging @national.rail.
Jyoti Bird, marketing director at National Rail, said: “Our research shows just how competitive young people can be with social media.
You may also want to watch:
“We wanted to tap into that competitive spirit by launching a search for the most Instagrammable places that Peterborough has to offer.
“Whether it’s quirky bars, historical points of interest or local attractions, we’re looking for the best and most visually impressive photos from the area.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The company has created an ‘Insta-Rail’ map of the United Kingdom which features a list of the most photographed locations throughout the country.
The winner will not only bag £1,000, they’ll feature in the rail company’s advert campaign for the 16-24 rail card.
A spokesman said: “For the chance to win £1,000 and the title of Peterborough’s best Instagrammer, locals should upload their image to Instagram, tagging @national.rail and using the hashtag #instarail, or on the National Rail Facebook page, using #instarail. T&Cs apply.”
Ms Bird added: “We look forward to seeing some really beautiful and creative photography from local social media enthusiasts, and will hopefully be crowning Peterborough as the Instagram capital of the UK!”
For more information, visit: www.16-25railcard.co.uk/instarail