Investigation launched after canal boat severely damaged in Whittlesey by fire
- Credit: Archant
A boat was severely damaged in a fire this morning.
At 5.48am, crews from Stanground, Whittlesey and Dogsthorpe and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe were called to a boat on fire in Kings Dyke, Whittlesey.
When firefighters arrived they found a steel-framed canal boat well alight and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire.
No one was on the boat at the time of the incident.
The boat was severely damaged and was sinking by the time the fire had been put out.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 8am.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages