Investigation launched after canal boat severely damaged in Whittlesey by fire
- Credit: Archant
A boat was severely damaged in a fire this morning.
At 5.48am, crews from Stanground, Whittlesey and Dogsthorpe and a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe were called to a boat on fire in Kings Dyke, Whittlesey.
When firefighters arrived they found a steel-framed canal boat well alight and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire.
No one was on the boat at the time of the incident.
The boat was severely damaged and was sinking by the time the fire had been put out.
You may also want to watch:
Crews returned to their stations by 8am.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire