Is missing Macaw Chieko in Fenland? Owners devastated by parrot theft
THE hunt is on to find stolen Macaw parrot Chieko - and he could be in Fenland.
Two parrots were taken from a home in Hilton after thieves broke into a large wooden-framed aviary in the back garden.
One of the birds, a gold female, was later found in an abandoned car in March.
But 15-year-old Chieko, who is blue and gold, is still missing and his owners are desperate for his return.
Detective Constable Neil Gibbs, investigating, said: “These are much-loved pets and this incident has left their owners very distressed.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who may have seen Chieko to contact police. Parrots are very territorial and he is likely to have bitten anyone trying to steal him.”
John Hayward, co-ordinator of the National Theft Register for exotic birds and animals, said: “On behalf of the owner of the birds, I appeal for any information of the Macaw whereabouts.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“These birds are highly intelligent and sensitive. I am most concerned for the welfare of both birds, but especially Chieko.
“This is a serious matter of concern for their welfare and if anyone can help trace Chieko please call police or the National Theft Register.”
Anyone with information should call DC Gibbs on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
The parrots were taken from the home in Potton Road, Hilton, between 1.30am and 1.45am on July 7.