Pop up health shop in March raises awareness thank to the WI
- Credit: Archant
A pop up shop offered advice on a range of healthy living topics in a one day event in March.
The health awareness day was organised by members of the Women’s Institute with information ranging from dementia care to organ donation.
Beryl Brooks, vice chairman of the isle of Ely WI, said: “We had people representing many organisations and everybody who visited found it really useful.
“We were really happy with the different groups there, I know the visitors who came got a lot out of it.”
Information included representatives from multiple sclerosis society, medicines management, Healthwatch Cambridgeshire, New Vision fitness, Cambs Sight, diabetes care, a demonstration of a defibrillator thanks to NORVIC and Friends of Doddington Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Beryl said: “we last held an event like this about four years ago and wanted to run again to give the public a chance to find out about lots of different health issues under one roof.”
The awareness day was held at the March Community Centre.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers