Pop up health shop in March raises awareness thank to the WI
- Credit: Archant
A pop up shop offered advice on a range of healthy living topics in a one day event in March.
The health awareness day was organised by members of the Women’s Institute with information ranging from dementia care to organ donation.
Beryl Brooks, vice chairman of the isle of Ely WI, said: “We had people representing many organisations and everybody who visited found it really useful.
“We were really happy with the different groups there, I know the visitors who came got a lot out of it.”
Information included representatives from multiple sclerosis society, medicines management, Healthwatch Cambridgeshire, New Vision fitness, Cambs Sight, diabetes care, a demonstration of a defibrillator thanks to NORVIC and Friends of Doddington Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Beryl said: “we last held an event like this about four years ago and wanted to run again to give the public a chance to find out about lots of different health issues under one roof.”
The awareness day was held at the March Community Centre.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 More than one million vaccines given across Cambs