It’s almost time for Doddington’s 70th horticultural summer show
- Credit: Archant
Doddington Horticultural Society’s 70th annual summer show takes place later this month inside the village hall.
Held on Saturday 23, the show is open to all – not just people from Doddington.
Schedules for the day are available from Doddington post office. There are several categories to enter including vegetables, fruit, flowers, floral art, adult art, speciality, cookery and preserves, handicrafts and more.
Entries should be brought to the hall on Friday July 22 between 6pm and 9pm and Saturday July 23 between 7.30am and 9.30am.
Doors will close at 9.30am to allow for judging.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be presentations by Sally-Anne Barnard-Taylor, head teacher of Lionel Walden School.
Admission by donation, children free. Refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
For more information contact Lyne Green on 07950 578086 or 01945 581225.