It’s full steam ahead for restoration of old station room at March
- Credit: Archant
More than £100 was raised at an annual event to restore a room within March station in a bid to turn it into a permanent model railway area.
Around 200 people visited the historic station on Saturday March 3 for a model railway exhibition and the chance to see work carried out by the Friends of March Station to restore the old station room interiors.
It was one of the three events organised by the volunteer group throughout the year to showcase the work they do as station adopters and raise money for further improvements.
The event raised £140 which will be used to complete the internal work.
Paul Haynes, Greater Anglia’s community partnerships manager, said: “We are very grateful to the Friends of March station for their hard work which has brought real benefits to the community by bringing these disused rooms back into use.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisations that attended included the B17 Steam Locomotive Trust, The Bramley Line and The Carlton Willows Model Layout among others.
For more information visit: https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/community-space
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip