It’s no shaggy dog’s tale - let your pooch play while you go to work at a new creche opening in March
- Credit: Archant
Doggy day care is coming to the Fens thanks to a canine creche where pets can stay and play while you go to work.
Full of toys, indoor and outdoor runs, agility area, tunnels, bubble machines and play houses the centre is being opened by former prison officer Nikki Hopkin who said being a dog owner working long hours gave her the inspiration for the idea.
“Dogs are people’s best friends and if you are out of the house for a long period of time the creche is a perfect chance to bring them somewhere where they will be well loved and cared for and have lots of fun too,” she said.
“We run it like a children’s nursery so dogs will get a report card and you learn what they have been up to during the day.”
Before they start dogs are invited for a 30 minute temperament assessment so Nikki can gauge if they will mix well with other dogs.
You may also want to watch:
If it looks like there may be aggression issues then the dog and owner are invited to spend time with their specialist dog trainer to work on solving problems before they start at the creche.
Cambridgeshire Canine Creche is housed in converted farm buildings owned by Nikki’s family on Flaggrass Hill Road and is licensed for up to 50 dogs.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Nikki said: “There are opportunities for work experience and as we grow there will be job opportunities coming up too.
“We have lots of plans in the pipeline including paddling pools in the summer months and a safely fenced off field that people can hire.”
For details visit their website or Facebook page.