‘It’s not good because it’s old, it’s old because it’s good’ March Society members told at latest meeting
STEVE Bowyer of Opportunity Peterborough gave an inspiring and thought-provoking presentation about old buildings at the latest meeting of The March Society.
Mr Bowyer, head of economic development, referred to listed buildings and other older buildings in this country and around the world.
“It’s not good because it’s old, it’s old because it’s good,” was Steve’s opening remark.
Mr Bowyer discussed his involvement in the regeneration of Cathedral Square in Peterborough and how communities could impact on their environment and help create a sense of civic pride in their towns.
There was some laughter at the end of the talk when a member of the audience asked Steve if he would make his next project the improvement of March town centre.
You may also want to watch:
The March Society’s next meeting, on Wednesday November 7 at March Library from 7pm, will be the Railway Event with Alan Neville of Greater Anglia, Adrian Sutterby of Friends of March Railway Station and Gary Christy of March and District Junior Model Railway Club.
Admission is �1.50 for members, �2.50 for non-members. It includes tea, coffee and biscuits.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information, visit www.themarchsociety.org.uk or e-mail email@example.com