It’s worth the wait as Light Cinema in Wisbech officially unveils final two screens
- Credit: Archant
A cinema has officially unveiled its two ground floor screens ... almost a year after its grand opening.
The Light Cinema in Wisbech opened to much fanfare last May, but, because of water seepage, the two ground floor screens were out of action.
So, what was meant to be an eight-screen cinema ran as a six-screen venue. Now, building work has been completed and the screens are up and running. To mark the occasion, two screenings were held.
Radio station KLFM listeners got the chance to win tickets to a screening, hosted by presenter Simon Rowe, of Fast and Furious 7, while dignitaries and organisations were invited to a screening of Woman in Gold.
Wisbech Mayor Councillor Mike Hill and his wife Jane, who were guests at the cinema’s gala opening, attended alongside members of Wisbech Lions and Wisbech Round Table.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Lions President Ray Hill said: “We had an excellent evening. Talking to the members afterwards, those that had not already been to the Light Cinema said that they would definitely return.”
A Light Cinema spokesman said: “The addition of the two screens will enable us to widen its programme and also show existing films for longer.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
The cinema is busy planning something for its birthday on May 23 and will also be hosting an exclusive preview screening of new Fox blockbuster Spy on June 3.