‘It was the best day of my life’ says FACET student who spent the day working at March Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A student at a March charity college for adults with disabilities, said he had the ‘best day of his life’ when he spent the day at Tesco working on the tills and stacking shelves.
FACET student Michael McEvoy achieved his lifelong dream by donning the supermarket uniform and beginning a work placement as part of the employability class.
Kris Harrold, manager of FACET college in Marwick Road, said: “As soon as Michael joined us at FACET he told us that one day he’d love to work at Tesco, so knowing what the team do for the local community I thought it was something we just had to make happen.
“Michael’s a great guy and such a dedicated worker I knew he’d be great on placement there.”
Michael summed up his day by saying: “It’s pretty much the best day of my life, it’s been unbelievable, thank you to everyone that helped make it happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Michael spent the day working alongside Tesco community project manager Kelly Riddle to gain firsthand experience working right across the store in March, from helping with the morning opening checks, stacking the shelves and serving customers on the checkouts.
FACET runs employability classes alongside numerous other lessons and activities for adults with all types of learning disabilities from its education centre and strives to focus on ability not disability.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
FACET is always looking for new students to enrol for any of the courses on offer, if you would like any more details you can check them out on www.facet.org.uk or call 01354 655080 to book a tour of the centre.