Store’s ‘Christmas fun day’ raises nearly £300 for Salvation Army
- Credit: Jack's Supermarket
Shoppers at a supermarket in Chatteris have raised nearly £300 for the Salvation Army following an in-store ‘Christmas fun day’.
Jack’s Supermarket on Fenland Way hosted the day to help the local community mark Christmas early.
As part of the ‘fun day’ shoppers helped to raise £273 for the Chatteris Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is at the heart of the community, transforming lives and offering support to the homeless and vulnerable people.
Donations were accepted by the Salvation Army themselves who performed a medley of Christmas classics whilst locals began their Christmas shopping.
The day also included free face painting for children as well as festive food and treats.
Peter Lonsdale, store manager at Jack’s Chatteris, said: “We hope the people of Chatteris had a wonderful time at our Christmas fun day.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 8 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 9 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 10 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
“It was lovely to be able to safely celebrate with everyone whilst also raising money for a wonderful charity too!”