Store’s ‘Christmas fun day’ raises nearly £300 for Salvation Army
- Credit: Jack's Supermarket
Shoppers at a supermarket in Chatteris have raised nearly £300 for the Salvation Army following an in-store ‘Christmas fun day’.
Jack’s Supermarket on Fenland Way hosted the day to help the local community mark Christmas early.
As part of the ‘fun day’ shoppers helped to raise £273 for the Chatteris Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is at the heart of the community, transforming lives and offering support to the homeless and vulnerable people.
Donations were accepted by the Salvation Army themselves who performed a medley of Christmas classics whilst locals began their Christmas shopping.
The day also included free face painting for children as well as festive food and treats.
Peter Lonsdale, store manager at Jack’s Chatteris, said: “We hope the people of Chatteris had a wonderful time at our Christmas fun day.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
“It was lovely to be able to safely celebrate with everyone whilst also raising money for a wonderful charity too!”