'Feel good' hamper for care homes
- Credit: JACK'S CHATTERIS
A Chatteris supermarket has donated a 'feel good' hamper to local care homes in Chatteris ahead of the festive season.
MiCareHome collected their Jack's hamper, which was filled with mince pies, biscuits, chocolates, Christmas puddings, and other treats for the residents to enjoy, on Thursday December 10.
Meanwhile The Gables had their hamper delivered on Wednesday December 16.
Peter Lonsdale, store manager of Jack's Chatteris, said: "Here at Jack's we are keen to continue building strong relationships with the community.
"We have donated to care homes, schools, nurseries, and hospitals to help out members of our community in any way we can.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope the local care homes enjoy their festive hamper in the run up to Christmas."
Earlier this month, Jack's donated £400 to organisations including FACT Community Transport, March Camera Club and the White Hart Bowls Club in Warboys.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal