Jail for man who filmed himself raping a woman in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A man who filmed himself raping a woman in Cambridgeshire has been jailed for six years.
Vitalijus Buinovskis, 25, attended a small gathering in Ravensthorpe, Peterborough, on 22 July. In the early hours of the following day the victim, a woman in her 20s, fell asleep in the lounge.
At about 10am a third person at the property noticed Buinovskis’ phone ringing on the table in the lounge. When he picked it up, he noticed pictures of the victim and a video of Buinovskis raping her whilst she was asleep. The man attacked Buinovskis, who made off.
Buinovskis, of Rockingham Grove in Peterborough, was arrested later that day and charged with rape.
On 27 October he appeared at Peterborough Crown Court and pleaded guilty to the offence. He was sentenced today (24 November) at Cambridge Crown Court.
When sentencing Buinovskis, Judge Bridge said: “It is clear you exploited the position that you found yourself in and had sex with an unconscious woman who had absolutely no opportunity to resist. You also remarkably decided to film yourself doing so.
“The effect on this victim has been enormous. There is no doubt that I must pass a very substantial sentence given what you have done, to reflect the seriousness of this offence.”
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 8 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 9 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
Detective Constable Faye Patterson said: “This was a nasty incident, made all the more disturbing by the fact Buinovskis filmed what happened.
“I hope the conclusion of the court proceedings will help the victim to start rebuilding her life.
“Tackling sexual offences is a priority for the constabulary and we will do all we can to bring perpetrators to justice.”