JAILED: Boxing Day burglar who left traces of his blood at the scene of break-in
A MAN has been jailed for nine months after traces of his blood were found at the scene of a Boxing Day burglary in Wisbech.
Olegs Nikolajevs, 22, smashed a downstairs window to break into a property in Norwich Road while the occupants were out.
He stole a bracelet and several electrical items, including a camera and laptop.
Traces of blood were found on the window and checks via the national database revealed it was Nikolajevs. He was arrested on February 2.
Nikolajevs, of Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech, was sentenced to nine months at Cambridge Crown Court after admitting burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Dave Murphy said: “Having your home burgled is distressing and costly and we are committed to ensuring we catch those responsible for such offences.
“I hope this sends out a strong message to others that we will use every tactic available to us to bring offenders to justice.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital