JAILED: Physio who indecently assaulted women he was supposed to treat for back pain
A PHYSIOTHERAPIST has this morning been jailed for more than six years for sexually touching two female patients he was supposed to be treating for back pain.
Roger Watson, 61, who ran a practice in Terrington St Clement, near King’s Lynn, had denied indecently assaulting a Norfolk policewoman in 1998 and a 20-year-old patient in 2010.
But after being found guilty on Friday, April 13, Watson was warned he could face jail.
The father-of-three, of Station Road, Terrington St Clement, returned to Norwich Crown Court to learn of his sentence from Recorder Guy Ayers.
Watson was given six years in prison for one of the offences, which was considered, and eight months for the other, which will run consecutively.
You may also want to watch:
During the trial the jury had heard how the policewoman had come forward to make a formal complaint after reading a complaint against the physiotherapist on a police computer.
The 20 year-old victim told how she was unable to speak after being assaulted by Watson.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
She said she had been touched by Watson inappropriately while her grandfather chatted with Watson’s wife outside the treatment room.