JAILED: Physio who indecently assaulted women he was supposed to treat for back pain
A PHYSIOTHERAPIST has this morning been jailed for more than six years for sexually touching two female patients he was supposed to be treating for back pain.
Roger Watson, 61, who ran a practice in Terrington St Clement, near King’s Lynn, had denied indecently assaulting a Norfolk policewoman in 1998 and a 20-year-old patient in 2010.
But after being found guilty on Friday, April 13, Watson was warned he could face jail.
The father-of-three, of Station Road, Terrington St Clement, returned to Norwich Crown Court to learn of his sentence from Recorder Guy Ayers.
Watson was given six years in prison for one of the offences, which was considered, and eight months for the other, which will run consecutively.
During the trial the jury had heard how the policewoman had come forward to make a formal complaint after reading a complaint against the physiotherapist on a police computer.
The 20 year-old victim told how she was unable to speak after being assaulted by Watson.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers
She said she had been touched by Watson inappropriately while her grandfather chatted with Watson’s wife outside the treatment room.