Jake Humphrey in Gorefield on Sunday to officially open new hall and pavilion
GOREFIELD’S new village hall and pavilion will be opened this weekend by television sports presenter Jake Humphrey.
Jake, the nephew of Fenland District Councillor Michael Humphrey, is a seasoned television broadcaster and also president of the Royal Norfolk Show.
His visit to Fenland coincides with a fun-filled weekend, organised to celebrate the village hall’s grand opening.
On Saturday there will be a football match, hog roast and end-of-season presentation party.
The following day gates open at noon for the family fun day including tug-of-war, climbing wall, fairground rides, talent show, side-stalls and games.
You may also want to watch:
Jake will officially open the hall at 2pm.
Once open, the hall will be available to hire for private and community events.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success