Jake Humphrey in Gorefield on Sunday to officially open new hall and pavilion
GOREFIELD’S new village hall and pavilion will be opened this weekend by television sports presenter Jake Humphrey.
Jake, the nephew of Fenland District Councillor Michael Humphrey, is a seasoned television broadcaster and also president of the Royal Norfolk Show.
His visit to Fenland coincides with a fun-filled weekend, organised to celebrate the village hall’s grand opening.
On Saturday there will be a football match, hog roast and end-of-season presentation party.
The following day gates open at noon for the family fun day including tug-of-war, climbing wall, fairground rides, talent show, side-stalls and games.
Jake will officially open the hall at 2pm.
Once open, the hall will be available to hire for private and community events.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body