Jamie-Lou Young begins her road to stardom after bagging scholarship to top theatre school
- Credit: Archant
A musical theatre starlet from Chatteris has been awarded a scholarship to attend a prestigious local performing arts school.
Jamie-Lou Young, 12, has bagged herself a place at Razzamataz theatre school in Cambridge after her video audition wowed judges.
Her efforts gained her a year-long scholarship at the city school, which gained national recognition after appearing on the BBC’s Dragon’s Den.
Jamie-Lou and her mum, Jane were both ecstatic when they found out she had been awarded the scholarship and Jamie-Lou cannot wait to begin her training.
“I love performing and entertaining people,” she said. “It’s been a dream of mine to be on stage or screen since I was able to walk and talk. I believe this opportunity would really help me find the right path”.
You may also want to watch:
Razzamataz principal, Emma Louise Campbell, said: “It wasn’t just about raw talent; the applicants had to show a strong dedication to the performing arts.
“We looked for those who demonstrated a maturity and a real desire to learn. We are delighted to offer Jamie-Lou the scholarship and really hope this inspires her to keep working hard and enjoy her performing arts training.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital