‘You bomb us so it’s only fair we bomb you,’ says woman jailed for threatening a call centre employee
- Credit: Archant
A 51 year old woman, who threatened to “bomb” a call centre after she was refused a loan, has been jailed.
Janette Jones was sentenced to 14 weeks behind bars at Peterborough Crown Court after pleading guilty to sending a communication of an offensive nature.
During a call to a financial provider, Jones told the employee she would “come to Bradford and bomb your place”, before saying “you bomb us so it’s only fair we bomb you”.
DC Shaun Harris said: “Jones was denied the loan and lashed out at an innocent woman who was simply trying to make a living.
“Her behaviour was extremely offensive and completely unacceptable.
You may also want to watch:
“Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire or anywhere else for that matter and reports of crimes of this nature will be fully investigated.”
The court heard how Jones, of Bretton, Peterborough, applied for a loan from Provident Personal Credit on August 1 last year and became abusive when it was denied, asking the call taker if they were wearing a hijab and threatening she would “bomb” them.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
The employee reported the incident and Jones was voluntarily interviewed at her local station where she admitted the offence.