Japanese academics enjoy a round of golf and a meeting of March Town Council
- Credit: Archant
Japanese visitors enjoyed a tour of March followed by a town council meeting to learn about local politics.
The group of academics stayed throughout the meeting at the town hall to hear discussions about public toilets, local planning matters, licensing issues and highway concerns.
It is the second time a group has visited the town in the last year.
A tour was given my Malcolm George and Jennifer Lawler of the March History Society who took them to places of interest including the library, museum, churches and golf course.
Clive Lemmon, town clerk, said: “They’ve visited the town before and obviously enjoyed it as have come back for a second tour.
You may also want to watch:
“Their grasp of English and how our local political system works is impressive.”
A spokesman for March Golf Club said: “They enjoyed coffee and biscuits at the club followed by a lesson kindly provided by resident professional Alex Oldham.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
“Our visitors very much enjoyed the experience and most succeeded in getting the ball airborne with at least one of the party intent on taking golf further on his return to Japan.”