Japanese Rotarian ambassadorial scholar Saemi visits March Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
A Japanese Rotarian ambassadorial scholar was the guest speaker at March Rotary Club’s November meeting.
Saemi Matsumoto, from Kamamoto, spoke to the club about her studies at Cambridge University, her voluntary work in India and her work for Google Japan.
Saemi is in Cambridgeshire studying at the Judge Business School and is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Kamanoto Konan.
The ambassadorial scholarships program aims to further international understanding and relations among people of different countries and geographical areas.
Rotarian Robert Freeman said: “Saimi represents what Rotary International is all about and I congratulate her for a most enlightening talk, particularly as it was not delivered in her own language.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish her, on behalf of the club, all the best in her future endeavours.”
Club president Don Morris then presented Saemi with a club banner in acknowledgement of her visit to the Fens.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire