Man is jailed for punching his girlfriend in the face with a knuckle duster and padlocking her inside the home
- Credit: Archant
A man who punched his girlfriend in the face with a knuckle duster and became possessive and jealous within just four weeks of dating her, has been jailed.
Jordan Fowler, 25, of no fixed abode, was given a two-and-a-half year sentence at Cambridge Crown Court after he pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm and engaging in a controlling relationship.
Fowler forced her to stay at home when he was out by padlocking her inside the home and strangled her until she almost passed out..
Detective Constable Keith Evans said: “I would like to commend the victim for the bravery she showed in coming forwards and working with us to bring Fowler to justice.
““Anyone who is going through a similar experience, please find the courage to tell someone. You don’t have to come direct to police, but please know that we can help you. You don’t have to live under someone else’s control.”
The court heard Fowler met his then-girlfriend on Facebook in May last year by using a fake name, Jordan Smith.
They had only been together for four weeks when he became possessive and jealous.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 7 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
He assaulted the victim on multiple occasions throughout the relationship, using knuckledusters to punch her and strangling her close to losing consciousness.
Fowler would force her to stay at home whilst he went out, padlocking doors and gates shut so she couldn’t leave.
He was given 18 months for assault occasioning actual bodily harm and 12 months for engaging in a controlling relationship.